We are a full scope optometric practice dedicated to providing the highest quality vision care to all ages. The eye doctors know how age and risk factors affect all aspects of vision over time for both young and old. With a highly trained staff and state of the art equipment, we go beyond 20/20.
Eyecare Associates has five eye doctors who cover the full spectrum of eye and vision care needs for the entire family.
Dr. Randy Schulman, FCOVD, Dr. Carl Gruning, FAAO, FCOVD and Dr. Narvan Bakhtiari are all Behavioral Optometrists who provide specialized vision care and Vision Therapy in Connecticut. Both Dr. Schulman and Dr. Gruning are Board Certified in Vision Therapy. C. Lee Mellinger, O.D. and Stephen Carr, O.D. are our Primary Care Optometrists.
Drs. Schulman, Gruning and Bakhtiari -- Behavioral Optometrists -- provide:
C. Lee Mellinger, O.D. and Stephen Carr, O.D. -- Primary Care Optometrists at Eyecare Associates, LCC -- provide:
- Comprehensive Eye and Vision Examinations for All Ages, including Pediatric Eye Exams.
- Visual Motor and Perceptual Evaluations and Treatment
- Doctor Supervised Vision Therapy for Children, Teenagers and Adults
- Treatment for Learning-related Vision Problems, including
Reading, and Eye Tracking Problems, etc.
- Treatment for Binocular Vision Conditions, such as
Amblyopia or Lazy Eye,
Convergence Insufficiency (near vision disorder),
Diplopia (double vision), Lack of Depth perception, and
Strabismus (cross-eyed, wandering eye, eye turns, etc.)
- Neuro-Optometric Visual Evaluation and Rehabilitation for Special Populations, including Patients with Traumatic Brain Injuries, Stroke, Whiplash, Developmental Delays, Cerebral Palsy, Multiple Sclerosis, etc.
- Treatment for Computer Vision Problems and Other Stress-related Visual Problems, including Blurred Vision, Headaches or Computer Vision Syndrome (CVS)
- Myopia (Nearsightedness) Control
- Low Vision Aids and Services for the Partially Sighted
- Sports Vision Correction and/or Improvement
Our optometrists take the time to explain the results of your eye exam, describe your options and listen to your eye care needs. Because maintaining good eye health is an ongoing partnership, we encourage you to ask questions and share your health information, which could be vital to monitoring, diagnosing and treating potential vision problems.
- Comprehensive Primary Eye Care
- Eyeglasses and sunglasses - we have a large variety of top designer frames
- Contact Lens Fitting and Follow-up, including Specialty and Custom Fits
- Treatment of Ocular Diseases, including Glaucoma, Dry Eye
- Improvement of Uncorrected Vision with Contact Lenses (Orthokeratology or Ortho-K or Corneal Molding) or Laser Vision Correction (LASIK)
There's more to healthy vision than 20/20 eyesight!
Learn more about symptoms
of visual problems which
school and sports success.